Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Day in Malaysia

A Malaysian Day is not to be conceived as a day famous by Malaysians to symbolize any particular event. In reality it should denote a usual day of any Malaysian, a microcosm of what is in the daily life a Malaysian amidst the rapid developments in the urban areas and the well-conserved rural environment. My story is spin from my knowledge during a five-day holiday in Malaysia. You are going back to Malaysia, my parents announced suddenly, handing me air tickets, thus ending weeks of uncertainty as to where I was to spend my month-long winter holiday. I was to spend four days in Malaysia, my birth place, a place I had not seen in 16 years, since we motivated to Birmingham. Day 1 All doubts seemed to lighten however, as I step on board Malaysia Airlines aircraft.

I was lovingly by the smiling kebaya-clad air stewardesses of the airline. Hours seemed to fly as the flight progress, leaving London in the evening and arriving at dawn in Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. I gaze out of the window, impressed by the rolling acres of palm trees which sprawled over the humongous oil palm estates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home